Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Season 4 - David Morrissey to return as the Governor

I could not be any more happier to hear that one of my favorite villains of all-time will be coming back as a regular for season four.  Let me just say that David Morrissey is phenomenal actor and the perfect person to play this heinous villain known as the Governor.

So this is our first big piece of information that we know about season four.  I don't think we'll get to see the Governor as much as we did this past season because there was two episodes completely dedicated to the Governor, Andrea and Woodbury.  I'd say the other episodes were about 60 percent Rick's side and 40 percent Woodbury. 

Also, the Governor's group is only down to three people: himself, Martinez and my man Shumpert.  You have to think the Martinez and Bowman can't be too trusting of the Governor after the massacre of the Woodbury army.

The TV series is taking a completely different approach then in the comic books because at this point, the Governor is already dead and Rick's group had left the prison entirely.  It's hard to really make predictions about what is going to occur next season, as they have broken away from the main storyline of the comic books. 

One thing I will predict though is that I do expect another confrontation between Rick's group and the Governor.  I think the Governor has to die at some point in season four because that would make the most sense. 

I know a lot of people are disappointed that he didn't die in the season three finale, but I'm not really that disappointed.  I think it's really interesting that the TV series is going in a different direction then the comics, although it would have been great to see Daryl, my favorite character, kill him.  I think if the Governor was killed off in the finale, you really wouldn't have that villainous character that would terrorize Rick's group.  It's going to be interesting to see where the Governor goes from here after retreating from the prison. 

As far as future posts go, I don't think we'll get to see any pictures or promos until June or July because they're going to start shooting in May.  I don't think we'll see anything visual or any pictures until around Comic-Con in July.

So again, great news that David Morrissey is set to return as the Governor next season and that he won't disappear for an entire season like Merle did.  He will indeed come back as a regular, and I think we'll probably see him in the season four premiere because if you're going to pay him to come back, fans are going to want to see what's going on with him every episode.

If you here any more news or even predictions about season four, hit me up on Twitter @dshin131, or e-mail me dshin131@gmail.com.  More updates are on the way!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment