Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Comic Book Series - Issues 111 + 112 Cover Preview

The Walking Dead comic book series has some really interesting covers coming up.  So I decided to preview them and make some predictions on what is going to happen.  Here is the cover for Issue 111, which comes out on June 12th:

Wd-cover-111-72dpi
"Lucille is going to be so jealous"
 
I think this is one of best covers we've seen in a while.  Obviously, this is Negan, and the big question here is who has he killed this time?  The plot for this issue is in the caption, which makes me think that at least one character is going to die.  You would have to think that the character will be part of Rick's "Alliance" you can say with the Hilltop and the Kingdom.  Based on the cover it could be anyone.
 
It could be Dwight from Negan's group because he wants to kill Negan as well as Rick and everyone else.  But out of everyone against Negan, Dwight is probably in the most dangerous position because he is going to have to gain the support of people within Negan's group.  Rick has his group and Ezekiel has his group, so Dwight is going to have recuit some people and get them on his side.  That is probably going to lead to someone ratting out Dwight, so I could definitely see Negan killing Dwight in the next issue.   
 
So it could either be Dwight or dare I say it, Rick Grimes.  Now based on this cover, I would say, "No way!  It can't be Rick!"  But if you take a look at the cover for Issue 112, which comes out on July 10th, it could happen.
482797 577739872250132 63070503 n
"Carl and Andrea are faced with the unthinkable"
 
So just based on the caption/plot teaser, I think we could actually see the death of Rick.  We knew he was going to die sooner or later, so is this the time that the unthinkable will happen?  Even though it logically makes sense, I tend to think that Robert Kirkman wouldn't want to kill Rick at this time.  Maybe the group was split up or something, but what I can say is that things are not looking good for Rick's group.

I'm still going to go with Dwight and I think the cover for Issue 112 is just a way to build suspense.  I don't think they would kill Rick at this time, but either way, those are some great covers and I'm excited to see what happens with the whole Negan situation and the upcoming war.   

No comments:

Post a Comment