Sunday, April 7, 2013

Season 4 - Tyreese, Sasha, and Beth promoted to series regulars

With all the new additions to the prison group in the season three finale, three characters have been promoted to season four regulars: Chad L. Coleman (Tyreese), Sonequa Martin-Green (Sasha), and Emily Kinney (Beth).

We knew from the start that Tyreese would transition into having a bigger role in the series, and he did get some pretty good air time, especially in the season finale.  He played a crucial role in that final episode, allowing Rick and the others into Woodbury.

I think we can expect to see Tyreese possibly bump heads with Rick and possibly return a few storylines from the comic books.  The reason I think that is because Rick is the leader in the comic book series, but Tyreese was the leader of his own small (and now even smaller) group.  I hope we get to see a scene from the comic books where Tyreese and Rick have a fist-fight and I would love to see who gets the better in the television series.

As for Tyreese's sister, Sasha, I guess she's alright as a character.  She didn't really have that big of a role in the comic book series and I don't expect her to survive past season four in the television series.  Unless they really develop her more then they did in the comic books, I wouldn't really know what to do with her.  I think they'll probably keep Sasha around until the mid-season finale or kill her towards the end of the season after we get to know her a little better.

Last, but not least, we have Beth.  I think she deserves the promotion because she's been around since season two.  She hasn't really done much other then sing and take care of baby Judith.  So it will be interesting what storylines they come up with for her, maybe spark some kind of an interest between her and Carl or something like that.  I think that would make sense because Carl kind of has a crush on her, he's real dark and she doesn't accept it.  Beth will probably die sometime during season four, maybe have someone from the Governor's army kill her. Just please don't have her sing again!

I'm interested in seeing what will happen with Tyreese, but I don't really care what happens with the other two.  I think you have to give Beth and Sasha a bigger role if you're going to kill them off because I think that was a big mistake in season three when they didn't give IronE Singleton (T-Dog) a bigger role before he died.  He was around since the beginning, we never really got to know him and he never was developed.  When he died, I was like, "Oh, I really missed the way you just stood there in the background."  So hopefully, they'll develop Beth and Sasha before they die, at least in my opinion anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment