Saturday, August 10, 2013

TV Series - Daryl shouldn't die for a LONG, LONG time

I've already said that Daryl is the greatest and my favorite character in the TV series, and that goes for thousands of other fans of "The Walking Dead". Which is why I'm making it perfectly clear that Daryl Dixon shouldn't die for a very, very long time.

I think Daryl is someone that has pretty much surpassed his character's expectations when he first debuted in season one. With the storylines with Merle and Carol in season three combined with the awesome acting by Norman Reedus, Daryl is the perfect character for "The Walking Dead". I can't back this up, but I think Reedus does more autograph signings and appearances then anyone from "The Walking Dead".

If the writers were to kill Daryl in season four, I think it would be really bad for the show.  He's fun to watch and he's a fan favorite.  To kill Daryl, I think that Carol has to die first because she has a connection with him, along with a lot of other characters like Hershel, Beth and maybe even Maggie and Glenn.  In addition, he's never appeared in the comic book series, so his story is a lot more interesting because we don't know what will happen with him in the future.

For some of the characters in the comic book series, we have an idea of where they end up.  Take Andrea for example, who died way earlier in the TV series then her comic book counterpart, who is still alive. We can then decide which story arc we like better from which series. We wouldn't get that choice if Daryl were to die. 

Honestly, it would suck if Daryl was killed off and as a result, I think the TV series would lose so many viewers and fans.  Sure, the ratings may skyrocket for the couple of episodes after his death, but the show would just go straight downhill after that. But again, so many other characters have to die before we see his death.

I could even see Daryl living longer then Rick, but I actually see Carl surviving the longest out of everyone, but that's another topic for another day. But in my opinion, killing Daryl off in the next couple of seasons would be insane and idiotic. He's the best survivor in the entire series, so it would make absolutely no sense to kill him off anytime soon.

Tell me what you think about the idea of Daryl Dixon dying in the TV series. Do you think he should? Why or why not? Would you still watch the show if he were to die? Let me know what you guys think in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment