Monday, August 5, 2013

First Season 3 Deleted Scene revealed + my thoughts

Some footage from a season three episode was revealed yesterday that features Merle and Carol.  Here's the video if you haven't seen it already:


I'm guessing this takes place sometime after Merle joins the group at the prison.  It seems like he's still being nice to everyone and trying to find his place within the group.  What Carol basically says in the scene is that she should've been dead several times before.  Then she threatens to slit Merle's throat while he sleeps if he does anything to Daryl or the rest of the group.  The acting from Michael Rooker was on point, as always, but I think the acting from Melissa McBride was a little off mostly due to her smiling too much.

Overall, it was an okay scene, but again, a little awkward from Carol's perspective, but it still makes her character look great threatening Merle like that.  I like the way Merle just smiles afterwards and then we see Daryl in the background. 

I actually wouldn't mind if we actually saw this in season three.  Sure the acting from Carol is a little weird, but it's still a really cool moment from her character.  But it gives Merle more reason to just go in alone with a bunch of walkers against the Governor.  He also said to Daryl, "You people look at me like I'm the devil."  The scene gives more reason as to why he said that.

So tell me what you guys think about the first deleted scene from season three. Did you like it? Should this scene have been in an episode? Let me know what you guys think in the comments below.   

No comments:

Post a Comment