Saturday, June 22, 2013

Comic Series - Top 5 Favorite Characters

A couple weeks ago, I did a post and listed my top 5 favorite characters from The Walking Dead television series.  So I thought, why not do the comic book series as well?  I don't know if I'll do one on the worst comic book characters, but we'll see.  So let's get started!

5. Andrea

I absolutely love in Andrea in the comic book series.  She's great with the sniper, takes guys down left and right and holds off people from attacking the group.  I loved when she brought a group back to the prison to help Rick's group against The Governor and survived the attack against Tomas, which is where she got the scar on her face.  You don't get to see a strong female character very often, so I think Andrea has to be in my top 5, at least for me anyway.

4. Sgt. Abraham Ford

Following the death of Tyreese, Abraham took the role as Rick's right hand man and did not disappoint with his awesome zombie kills and constant cursing.  He's a big guy, he's had to kill to survive and he protected Eugene and Rosita for a long time.  I thought it was really interesting at the time to have those three new characters come in after the prison and farm storyline.  Abraham has to be on my list.

3. Negan

Even though he's killed some characters, you have to admit that Negan is a great villain.  He's fun, he's funny, he has his rules, he's crazy and he's a big guy.  I love some his quirks like with Lucille, and having Carl sing was another great moment of his.  He's just a great villain and he has a lot qualities that make you like him, but you know he's not on Rick's side.  Even though you want to see Rick's side win, you can still like and appreciate how great of a character Negan is.  He also feels like he's not evil just for the sake of being evil like the Governor was.  Negan realizes people are more useful alive then dead.  But he wants to pin them down and make them work for him, almost like creating an empire in a zombie apocalypse. 

2. Carl Grimes

As time goes on, Carl becomes tougher and tougher, and it's safe to say that he's not a kid anymore, even though he technically still is.  I almost agree with Negan when he says, "Kid, you scare the hell out of me."  He attempted to kill Negan, he lost an eye and he killed Ben without any remorse.  I definitely appreciate Carl more in the comic book series then in the television series.  I'm excited to see what happens with him in the future and what he will become.

1. Rick Grimes

Everything that Rick has been through and the amount of suffering he's been through in the comic books has been way more then what Rick in the television series has been through.  It's awesome to see the comic book version of Rick still able to keep up hope and lead people through tough times.  I love Rick Grimes in the comic book series and he's my favorite character in The Walking Dead comic book series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment